Princess Abze Djigma
Special Envoy of the President of Burkina Faso for SDGs and Climate Change Chair of the H.R.H. Princes Abze Djigma Foundation
H.R.H. Princess Abze Djigma is a Mossi Princess from Burkina Faso and a direct descendant of Princess Yennenga, mother of the Mossi people and a famous warrior in the 12th century.
– Chair of the H.R.H. Princess Abze Djigma Foundation;
– Special Envoy of the President of Burkina Faso, for Resource Mobilization for SDG’s and Climate Change;
– Ambassador for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency of Burkina Faso;
– Deputy head of delegation of the COP23 and COP24 delegations of Burkina Faso;
– Member of the African Union – European Union Digital Economy Task Force;
– Member of the ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) Technical Committee;
– Former Board Member of UNISDR Private Sector Alliance for Disaster Resilient Societies;
– President Senior Advisor External relations and Gender for the Center Region Council of Burkina Faso;
– Regular speaker at high level UN conferences representing the bottom of the pyramid and the informal sector
– Founder and CEO of AbzeSolar S.A.;
Initiator and leader of the “MAMA-LIGHT® Initiative for Sustainable Energy”, a Worldwide program that provides access to affordable energy for women, small business and children. It empowers the informal sector, it drives the generation of new jobs and it creates a sound basis for gender equality and women empowerment. The program is selected by the United Nations as one of the 14 global breakthrough solutions for achieving the new Sustainable Development Goals.
– Creator of the YAM Token: a cooperative token within the “MAMA-LIGHT® Initiative”;
– Initiator of the Global Expertise Hub for the Informal Sector. The Hub works with and on behalf of the informal sector and facilitates their empowerment. It brings together the Bottom Up needs and challenges with the Top Down actions in a structured and integrated manner;